This course will introduce art history and trace its development through world cultures and across time. We will examine the commonalities among different people and their expression using investigation and interpretation.
- gain a basic understanding of art history’s chronology in a variety of cultural centers
- be able to identify major artists, styles, and periods
- learn how to describe artwork in its formal terms
- foster cultural ownership and appreciation
- have a basic understanding of artistic process and choice
- recognize recurring themes, subject matter, genres, concerns and issues across time and place